Search This Blog

11.28.2010

"Can we pretend like airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?"

And again, here I am on the plane – flying back from Portland to Spokane. I guess it’s only fair to write a post-Thanksgiving break entry.  This was a great 9 days. I really hoped that it would go by slowly, and it has. Not in a boring way, just in a relaxed way. All of my new found free time helped the days go by slowly. I had lots of time at home, and still got to spend several days with friends. J  It was really good… and I’m a little sad at having to kick back into study mode tomorrow. This plane is about 90% college students – all in their school sweatshirts, backpacks and textbooks in hand. I was waiting for my turn to board, watching them, and thinking “Do I really look that old??” How can I be nineteen already? This is like, the point in my life that I used to imagine when I was little. Going to a large, well-known university, with a plan for what I want to do, grown-up but not too grown up. .. and here it is. I just can’t believe it.
It was awesome to get to see everyone again. The party on Friday was so fun – even though it turned into a very movie-less movie night.  Lol. Basically we just talked and once a few people left, then the Apples to Apples broke out.  It felt so normal. I loved getting to just hear everyone’s voice and remember the random quirks that  made me so happy to be friends. A lot of things have happened since we all were together, but we can still have a blast like no time has gone by. Myriah’s friend from college was there too, and she was commenting on how close we seemed. Yeah…. It’s pretty true.  I mean, I didn’t just get to see my class. I hung out with a lot of other people too, and crashed school on Monday, which was fun.  J  Definitely different, being on the other side now. It’s a good different though, because I don’t really have any major regrets about high school, believe it or not.
On the downside, I did catch whatever bug was going around. I’d been doing really well, taking my vitamins and stuff, sleeping a lot, and then I got home feeling healthy and … BAM. About 24 hours later, well, I’m sick now. Peachy keen. :P
Back in the dorm! Unpacked and moved back in. My suitcase barely fits in the cupboard above my closet, so getting it down in a few weeks is gonna be entertaining. And I hung these super cool snowflakes on our window that Heidi and I made on Wednesday! So the room is officially Christmasy-ed up. Plus the foot of snow outside, it really looks like winter! I’ve got so much I should do, but I’m just too tired to mess with it right now.  So here I am…updating the blogosphere and debating what I want to do with the rest of the night. It’s weird being back! It’s like the first week all over again, where I’ve been in the routine of being home and living the west-side life, and now I have to re-adjust to all of this again for 3 more weeks.  * shakes head * It’s confusing! I’m happy to be back because this is “right”, but I already wish I could go back to the low-stress home life.  
Anyhow, not much else new to say.

*Airplanes, B.o.B 

No comments:

Post a Comment